Being launched in 2004 by founders Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan. CCleaner remains one of the best cleaning software options around. Offering lower prices than competitors while giving better performance at the same time has granted it a fair share of users.
But Activex/com issue has remained a top issue faced by the majority of CCleaner users over the years. If you are facing this same issue then we recommend you to read this article to the end and by the end, you will be able to solve this issue all by yourself.
So without further ado, let’s get started
So What Exactly Is “Activex/com Issue Inprocserver32”?
In simple words, it is a system registry entry used for ActiveX enabling programs to communicate freely.
Here, ActiveX is a Microsoft software framework (MSFT) that enables programs to communicate functionality and data via web browsers, independent of the programming language they’re developed in. Early web browsers used ActiveX add-ons to integrate multimedia files and send software updates to users.
Whereas, the InprocServer32 key provides a path to a dynamic link library (DLL) implementation, whereas the LocalServer32 key represents a path to an executable (.exe) implementation.
How To Fix “Activex/com Issue Inprocserver32”?
After receiving a ton of user reports closely, we conclude that it is a solvable problem. However, you need to keep in mind that meddling with registry keys without any prior knowledge can cause fetal errors in your system.
So, we recommend you follow the methods we have provided below to safely fix this issue with ease.
Before jumping to the advanced troubleshooting tricks, we recommend you first try some of these basic troubleshooting tips and see if it helps.
1.) Make Sure That Your System Is Up-To-Date:
It has been observed that having out-of-date Windows can also cause issues. So we recommend you make sure that your windows are up-to-date. If you don’t know how to do that, then here are some simple steps to follow:
- Step 1: For the first step, you need to select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
- Step 2: Now, go to settings (gear icon).
- Step 3: After this, select the Update & Security icon
- Step 4: Choose the Windows Update tab in the left sidebar (circular arrows)
- Step 5: Now, click the Check for updates button. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.
- Step 6: If you don’t see an update, don’t worry; this page will tell you if your hardware is currently incompatible.
- Step 7: To finish the update, you’ll need to restart Windows, but you do this later if there’s no urgency.
2.) Disable All 3rd Party Antivirus:
Disabling Antivirus on your system can also help you solve this issue. Sometimes the antivirus you have installed, or even the window inbuilt windows defender can conflict with a specific Windows process resulting in these types of problems.
To Disable 3rd party Antivirus software in your system, follow the following steps
- Step 1: For the first step, you need to press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Step 2: Now click on Update & Security and then Windows Security
- Step 3: After this, you need to select Virus & threat protection option.
- Step 4: Next, you need to locate the “Virus & threat protection settings” section in the right window, and click Manage settings.
- Step 5: Now simply turn off the “Real-time protection if off, leaving your device vulnerable” option.
After following all these steps, you would have successfully disabled 3rd party antivirus software in your system.
However, if you are still facing this issue, then we recommend you proceed to the advanced troubleshooting methods given below.
1.) Download SmartPCFixer:
Before jumping to advanced methods and making any changes to your registry file yourself, we recommend you first try the SmartPCFixer to fix this issue. If you don’t know how to do that, here are some simple steps to follow
- Step 1: You first need to download SmartPCFixer. It is free, so you don’t need to pay anything.
- Step 2: The next step is to install it on your computer.
- Step 3: Now run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
- Step 4: After the scan is done, you will now be able to see the errors and issues which need to be fixed.
- Step 5: When you follow the instructions, the repair part is done
After this, the issue should be resolved. Now you should be able to notice that your computer is significantly faster than before and that the errors have been erased.
However, if the issue persists, we recommend you to follow the other methods given below
2.) Make Sure CCleaner Has Permissions Granted:
Sometimes due to lack of permissions, CCleaner can often face problems. To make sure this is not the case, we recommend that you provide CCleaner with the following permissions and then try again.
- In CCleaner – select to Open in Regedit
- Right-click highlighted – permissions
- Advanced button
- Owner – change
- Administrators – Check Names – OK
- Tick – Replace owner on subcontainers and objects – Ok
- Advanced – Highlight Administrators
- Tick “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permissions from this object” – Ok – Yes Ok
- Close Regedit
- In CCleaner select to “Fix issue(s)”
- Scan for issues – issue(s) cleared
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.) Do I Have To Pay For CCleaner?
CCleaner is not a paid program. However, Piriform, on the other hand, offers priority help for a fee.
2.) Is CCleaner Compatible With A 64-bit System?
Yes, it is. If you want to install a specific version, the installer will automatically know which version to install. The Portable version comes with both executables i.e. CCleaner.exe and CCleaner64.exe.
3.) What Does The Professional Version Of CCleaner Offer?
The Professional edition comes with several benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- Priority assistance from Piriform (no more hope for help on the forums!)
- Updates are made automatically (both silent and non-silent)
- Monitoring of the system and the browser (as of CCleaner v4.00)
- With the right permissions, you’ll be able to clean several profiles. On a single system, profiles that are not one’s own.
- With the possibility of more in the future.