In the windows system, the “Error 42125 zip Archive is corrupted” appears when you extract, compress/decompress the ZIP file. There are several applications available today to open a zipped file. However, if any bad segment exists in the hard drive where the zipped file is stored, or if the file system is corrupted, it throws Error 42125 during an open file operation.
Why do I get the “, Error 42125 zip Archive is Corrupted” message, and what is the impact?
A file can be corrupted from various issues, including bad drive sectors, malware processes, junk files, an incomplete download or transfer, such as during a network drop in your internet connection. Any sudden interruption like a power outage or a forced shut down of the computer while working with the ZIP file may corrupt the file.
A corrupted zipped file is relatively difficult to recover because the zipping algorithm is not entirely established on a corrupted zipped file. This may cause severe loss of data or information in a working environment or during an extensive file transfer system. The File Transfer protocol or Secured File Transfer Protocol highly relies on the zipped file format. Hence if the zipped file is corrupted, the file transfer mechanism fails to deliver the required file properly.
Steps to fix the Error “42125 zip Archive is Corrupted”
Often it is required to fix the error while recovering the archived file information. There are a few ways to deal with this situation, and we will discuss the major ones here:
Method 1: Clean all the Junk Files from your computer
When you are surfing the internet on your computer, it is evident that your computer will gather some junk files from the web browser and store them in your local drives. It is crucial to remove the junk files from time to time because it can be the root cause for error 42125. Though only removing the junk files will not solve this problem, if you do not delete the junk file regularly, it will create a potential reason to damage your computer. However, it can also slow down the speed of your system dramatically.
Please follow the below-mentioned process to clean the junk files from your computer:
- Step 1: Click on the Start menu.
- Step 2: Launch the command prompt.
- Step 3: Press Ctrl + Shift simultaneously and then press Enter.
- Step 4: A dialog box will prompt on your system screen asking for permission. Click on the Yes option in that permission section.
- Step 5: It will open a black box on your computer screen.
- Step 6: Type cleanmgr command in the box and then hit Enter.
- Step 7: After that, you will see that the Disk Clean-up will begin to calculate how much space gets occupied with the junk files. In most cases, it is found that the temporary files occupy most spaces.
- Step 8: Next, select the box you want to clean and press the OK button.
If this method doesn’t fix the error, please move on to the next method.
Method 2: Update Your Device Drive
‘Error 42125 zip archive is corrupted’ can appear if you do not update your device driver to its latest version. The device driver may malfunction for various reasons. It is very difficult to get a hardware device driver from an authentic source. You can directly search the manufacturer’s site to find the hardware, but it takes time. You can get the latest version of the device driver from the official website of your computer’s manufacturer. Be cautious before you install the wrong driver on your computer, as it can make the situation complicated. Always download the drivers from an authentic website.
Method 3: Scan Your System
You can fix the error by scanning your system thoroughly with an effective scanning tool or mechanism. You can follow the below steps to scan your system thoroughly:
- Step 1: Click on the Start menu button and open the Search box.
- Step 2: In the search box, type cmd and do a right-click. This will list down various modes to open the command prompt. Select run as administrator option.
- Step 3: Once the Command Prompt window appears, type ‘sfc /scannow’ command and press the Enter button.
- Step 4: After the scan completes, reboot your system and check if Error 42125 is fixed.
Method 4: Update the Windows on Your System
Microsoft regularly releases Windows update to improve the security and system files, which could be the possible reason behind this error. You have to update the Windows as per the latest patch released by Microsoft to keep the system up to date, reducing the chance of getting Error 42125. In general, a simple Windows patch or update can resolve the error 42125.
Follow the below instructions carefully to update the Windows effectively:
- Step 1: Go to the Start button.
- Step 2: Take the mouse cursor to the computer option and right-click on it.
- Step 3: It will display a list of options on the right-click menu.
- Step 4: Choose Properties from that option.
- Step 5: Then, search for Windows Update. The windows update option will be located in the bottom left corner of your computer screen.
- Step 6: Verify if there are any windows updates available or not. If a new windows version or patch is available, install the latest patch or update as soon as possible. Then, you have to restart your computer to apply the updates effectively.
With the steps mentioned above, Error 42125 can be fixed easily.
Tips and Tricks to avoid the “Error 42125 zip Archive is Corrupted” in your windows computer.
You can rely on best practices to avoid this Error 42125 in your system. You can refer to the below instructions to keep your system out of any such errors:
- Don’t download a zipped file from an unauthentic source or site.
- Regularly clean the junk files from your system.
- Always use a licensed version for unzipping software.
- Make sure your antivirus is Up to Date.
- Never turn off the automatic system updates for windows patches. The latest windows patch helps to keep your system healthy and avoid such file corruption errors.
- Update your device drivers regularly whenever the latest version is available.