Do you want to fix “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070005?” Windows 10 feature update was the most awaited update since it will offer features like windows sandbox, best search mode, and many more. Unfortunately, users receive an unexpected error while undertaking the update process. If you are in the same boat, this article will help you identify the causes and easy troubleshooting tips to resolve them quickly.
The Impact Of “Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070005” On Users
While doing the windows feature update, many users found a bad user experience. Since they are expecting outstanding new windows feature updates but they got an error message. However, it happens mostly because of several issues in the windows and setting up the updates. With this article, we will look upon the causes of why this error occurs and methods that can fix it soon.
What Causes “Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070005?”
To find out the real solutions, we researched a lot about the causes and operating system components involved in the “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070005.” We have analyzed the following reasons by gathering all facts, which you should check to update your pending process.
- If you haven’t installed the update services properly
- If there are administrative privileges
- The issue in operating system update components
- Old files
- Extensive hard drive
- Use of third party applications/programs
- Poor windows installation
Let’s begin with methods to fix the causes of “Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 – error 0x80070005”.
Please note- before performing any given method, make sure to get a backup of whole files.
How To Fix “Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070005?”
We have investigated the following solutions to fix this error.
Method 1- Run Troubleshooter Windows Update
You know that windows have the power to detect several issues, and you will need to fix them. If there is any bad file, the troubleshooter detects that, and you need to install the fresh copy. Here’s how you can do this.
- Step 1: Launch troubleshoot via pressing Windows + S from the start menu. The Troubleshoot dialogue box will open in front of you.
- Step 2: In troubleshoot window, choose windows to update and choose run troubleshooter.
- Step 3: Now the troubleshooting starts, and if it asks troubleshooter with the administrator, then choose troubleshooting as an administrator.
- Step 4: Once the error is fixed, you can restart your computer and see the error is resolved.
While performing this, make sure you have a strong internet connection.
Method 2- Power Cycling Your Computer
If you are not from a technical background, playing safe is worth it. And don’t forget sometimes there is an error on the operating system that inhibits the updates. So, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Shut down your PC and router. Now turn out the power supply and hold down PC power for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 2: Now, wait for at least 5-10 minutes before getting back on the power supply and starting your PC.
- Step 3: Next, connect your PC with networks and see the issue is resolved or not.
Method 3- Remove Extra Devices
If your windows are loaded with extras, you might get trouble with updates. So, here’s how you can fix it.
- Step 1: If your PC is connected with several extras like speakers, consoles, or more, remove it first.
- Step 2: If you have hard drives connected, remove them.
- Step 3: Once extras are removed, restart your PC.
- Step 4: See the error is fixed.
If it doesn’t work, plug them in to avoid further trouble.
Method 4- Check And Disable Antivirus
Antivirus is good to stop malware files, but sometimes it causes trouble installing new updates. So, if this is your case, you need to uninstall the antivirus. So follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Launch run command by pressing Windows + R and entering “appwiz. cpl” and the ok button.
- Step 2: In the application manager, search for the antivirus.
- Step 3: Right-click on the antivirus option and click on uninstall option.
- Step 4: Once the application is uninstalled, restart your computer and resolve your issues.
Method 5- Re-download or Restart Update Services
If updated, 1903 files are downloaded or installed properly in the operating system. This can happen due to several issues. Let us see how to fix it.
- Step 1: Start the run command and type “msc”, and it will open services running on the computer.
- Step 2: Search Windows Update and right-click on the service and properties.
- Step 3: Choose the Stop option, and your services stop.
- Step 4: Now, search the address “c:\windows\softwaredistribution in the run application.
- Step 5: Delete everything you see inside the distribution.
- Step 6: Launch the services tab in the Run application
- Step 7: Search the windows update in Steps 1 & 2.
- Step 8: Click on properties, choose the Start button, and launch the update manager.
Method 6- Set Services As Automatic
If you have failed with the above methods, this method might help you. So, here’s how you can do this.
- Step 1: Start the search bar by pressing Windows + S and typing the command prompt.
- Step 2: Right-click on the command and click on the run as administrator.
- Step 3: Once done, execute the following commands
SC config wuauserv start=auto
SC config bits start=auto
SC config cryptsvc start=auto
SC config trusted installer start =auto
- Step 4: Now, Exit the CMD and restart your computer.
Perform these steps carefully, and you will fix the “Feature Update To Windows 10, Version 1903 – Error 0x80070005.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1\ Is Error 0x80070005 denied?
Yes, it usually occurs when you try to make changes in the system files.
2 \ How to force windows to update 10 version 1903?
Head to Windows 10 download page and choose the update now option.
Tips And Tricks
- Manually update the Windows 10 updates
- Check your drivers
- Reinstall the updates