All in all, every now and then, Windows receives updates that refine features, fix bugs and so on. Thus, to get the most out of their computers, Windows users must keep an eye out for updates. Still, it’s worth pointing out that Windows updates could mess up computers on occasions. Read to the end if you want to learn more about Intel – Extension – 184.108.40.206 and determine whether it’s suitable for your PC.
Is It Safe To Install Intel – Extension – 220.127.116.11
To put it plainly, it is safe to install Intel – Extension – 18.104.22.168. That update deals with Intel Software Guard, Intel UHD Graphics, Intel Management Engine Interface, … In most of the cases, the download and installation of Intel – Extension – 22.214.171.124 is a straightforward affair. Therefore, Windows users only need to click a few times then let Windows take care of the rest.
Intel Extension – 126.96.36.199 Not Installing: Troubleshooting
Nowadays, Windows features quite a few troubleshooters that could identify and fix problems. If you have a hard time installing Intel – Extension – 188.8.131.52, you should run Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type troubleshoot and hit Enter
- Step 2: Proceed to click Additional troubleshooters.
- Step 3: Locate Windows Update, hit it and pick Run the troubleshooter.
Now, wait for the process to complete. After the troubleshooting completes, you may restart your pc once and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Programs
Today, Windows comes pre-equipped with Windows Defender and it could shield computers from a lot of threats. However, many Windows 10 users tend to install one or more third-party antivirus programs. The presence of such programs may complicate a number of processes and the installation of updates is not an exception. Thus, it’s wise to uninstall third-party antivirus programs if you cannot install Intel – Extension – 184.108.40.206.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Step 2: Type appwiz.cpl then press Enter.
- Step 3: You should see a list of all the programs on your computer. Scan the list for the 3rd party antivirus programs, right-clicking each of them and pick Uninstall.
Select Yes if you see the UAC prompt and follow the uninstallation process. By the end of the process, all of your third-party antivirus programs would be uninstalled. Finally, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Grant Access to System Volume Information Folder
It is known that not granting access to System Volume Information can also lead to update issues. Unable to install Intel – Extension – 220.127.116.11? Then you should consider granting access to System Volume Information.
- Step 1: Press Windows + X key to open the WinX menu then click Command Prompt (Admin) to launch Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Step 2: Type the following command in Command Prompt (Admin) and press Enter:
cmd.exe /c takeown /f “C:\System Volume Information\*” /R /D Y && icacls “C:\System Volume Information\*” /grant:R SYSTEM:F /T /C /L
After the command finishes running, close Command Prompt and restart your computer.
Delete Windows Update Files
Sometimes, Windows update files may be corrupted while being downloaded. The causes of the corruption include poor internet connection, packet loss and so on. Regardless, to get rid of the corruption, you have no choice but to delete the files.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type Services.MSC and press enter.
- Step 2: Navigate to Windows Update, stop it and change its startup type to Disabled. Do the same with Background Intelligent Service. Remember to select Apply and choose OK to save the changes.
- Step 3: Navigate to the following folder in your root directory:
- Step 4: Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and press Shift + delete keys to delete them.
- Step 5: Return to Service and reactivate both of the services you disabled above. Last but not least, go to Windows update settings then give Intel – Extension – 18.104.22.168 one more go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Come I Cannot Upgrade Intel Driver and Support Assistant?
The simplest solution is to uninstall the old version of the intel driver and support assistant using intel’s DSA uninstaller. Next, then download the latest version of Intel Driver and Support Assistant.
- Step 1: Download intel’s DSA uninstaller (link).
- Step 2: Run the uninstaller and select Yes for UAC prompt.
- Step 3: Tick the terms and conditions and hit the Uninstall button.
- Step 4: Select Ok and let the uninstallation process complete.
The moment the uninstallation completes, you could download the latest version of Intel Driver and Support Assistant (link). Of course, you have to restart your computer in the end.
What Must Be Done To Use System File Checker (SFC(?
- Step 1: Press Windows + X key to open the WinX menu then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Step 2: Choose Yes for User Account Control (UAC) prompt then enter the following command when the Command prompt appears:
- Step 3: Allow the process to run all the way then close Command Prompt and restart your computer.