Many windows users are reporting iTunes an error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt. Are you in the same trouble? It is annoying, but fortunately, we have summarized the easy fixes to resolve this error. This issue occurs mainly in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10, particularly with iTunes, WIDCOMM Bluetooth, and inLab during the installation of assembly Microsoft SQL server. Read on this post and find the ways to fix it soon.
The Impact Of “Itunes An Error Occurred During The Installation Of Assembly Microsoft.Vc80.Crt” On Users
The windows error is basically considered as an alert that something is wrong with your PC or windows and you need to fix it soon. However, iTunes an error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt is completely annoying. Thus, we have covered the best that give 100% working results without falling into the trap of various methods. So, read on.
What Causes Itunes An Error Occurred During The Installation Of Assembly Microsoft.Vc80.Crt?
To make things easy for you, we have investigated only genuine causes that can trigger an error in windows. Go through each one and find the solution accordingly.
If Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute Package Is Missing
It is the most common cause of this error. So, check iTunes and Microsoft visual C++ before installation. It requires the proper installation of C++. If it is damaged or needs repair, fix it.
If Windows Update Is Pending
Due to some pending windows updates, the error may occur. Several users found this a major cause and saw the issue was fixed after installing the pending updates. It is typically reported as the effective method to resolve the error. Before installing the assembly, Pro-tip must check the windows have no security pending updates.
If Sound Drivers Are Not Properly Installed
It has been found that many users have resolved this error after installing the drivers properly. It can be an easier way to fix this error message. However, you will need to install drivers properly using the device manager.
If The Video Card Is Too Old To Support iTunes
If the video is outdated and you haven’t installed its new version, check it as GPU doesn’t support the old version. Thus, updating the older version can resolve the errors and enjoy easy installation.
How To Fix iTunes An Error Occurred During The Installation Of Assembly Microsoft.Vc80.Crt?
Here we have shared the best methods to fix Microsoft.vc80.crt error. Check all and find the right solution for windows.
Method 1- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
As we said earlier, most users have found it a major cause of the error. Thus, there are high chances your widows may have the same issue. So, check whether Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is damaged, missing, or not installed properly.
Sometimes, the issue is improper installation, and the application throws an error of MSVCR110.dill, a common DLL file frequency that is needed for projects built-in visual studio.
Many users have fixed this issue by checking Visual C++ redistributable is missing, while others have checked the improper installation. Whatever the reason is, following a step-by-step guide helps you solve the error.
- Step 1: First, open the Run dialog box by applying Windows key + R. Then enter the command aapwiz.cpl to open the programs and features.
- Step 2: In programs and features, you need to look into the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installation option. You can see the date in the publisher.
- Step 3: Right-click on each visual C++ 2005 redistributable and visual C++ 2010 redistributable and click on uninstall. Now follow all the on-screen details to remove the threat from your system. Then repeat the same process until you have not cleared every 2005-2010 redistributable packages.
- Step 4: Restart your computer.
- Step 5: In the next, you can install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package properly. Ensure the download contain DLL libraries with previous 2010-2012 distributions. You can choose Major Geek, a one-installer to install automatic updates.
- Step 6: When the Visual C++ Redistributable is installed, you should restart your PC and check the error is resolved.
In case if you are persisting iTunes an error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt, then check Method 2.
Method 2- Install The Pending Windows Updates
Many users have reported the error because of pending windows update. If this is your case, follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Launch the run command with Windows + R and enter ms-settings: windows update.
- Step 2: Check the windows update and follow the on-screen details to complete the updates.
- Step 3: When the pending updates clear, restart your computer and see the error is resolved. If you still encounter iTunes an error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt, then the next method can help.
Method 3- Update The Pending Sound drivers
Based on the user’s reports, sound drivers can also be a threat. If you think this can be an issue in your PC, fix it by clearing its updates. Here’s how you can solve it.
- Step 1: Start run command and enter devmgmt.msc to launch device manager.
- Step 2: Check the sound video and game controllers and see if you see any exclamatory marks.
- Step 3: If you won’t find evidence, right-click on driver and check updates. If available, click on update driver.
- Step 4: Then tap on search automatically for the updated driver instructing WU to update the newer version. Then follow the on-screen details.
- Step 5: If WU does not support a new driver update, then right-click on the driver and uninstall the driver.
- Step 6: When the uninstallation process is completed, restart your PC.
- Step 7: Follow the above steps and install drivers to check that the error is resolved.
Method 4- Update Older iTunes Version
If you have iTunes an error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt, then update the older version.
- Step 1: Download the iTunes new version.
- Step2: Install all the updates carefully to avoid issues.
- Step 3: Restart your PC to solve the error.
Frequently Asked Questions
1\ What is VC80?
This error code corresponds to iTunes C++ run time redistributable package.
2\ When do you need to reinstall iTunes?
If iTunes is not working and showing an error.
Tips And Tricks
- Always restart your computer after reinstalling/installing apps
- Keep checking the new upgrades of sound drivers and windows