Many users reported a “Kb4015217 Failed To Install” error after the Windows 10 update. It was two weeks when Microsoft rolled out the Windows 10 creators update. People are waiting for this error, but they are still stuck with it before getting the Windows 10 creators update. This issue majorly appears on the Windows 10 Enterprise editions. When users received the KB4015217 update, they went online to get 100% download from Microsoft. At the time of PC restart, they failed to check updates and got this pop-up message. So, to resolve this error, we have rounded up some methods, so read on.
What Impact If Kb4015217 Failed To Install On Users?
Receiving an error while working, especially after a Microsoft update, you get frustrated. With windows 10 updates, you were expecting something great to happen, but you actually stuck with an error, probably because of improper installation. So, to configure this error, we have investigated several causes and ways to fix this error. However, you are suggested to follow the steps carefully to avoid further threats.
What Are The Causes Of Kb4015217 Failed To Install?
Kb4015217 Failed To Install error occurs after the windows 10 creators update. However, several users are waiting for this error to eliminate itself, but for 2 weeks, they have been dealing with this. Besides, the update assistant and media creation tool does not support the enterprise and education editions of Windows 10. PCs running on those editions are unable to receive the creator’s update. On the other side, improper installation of Windows 10 updates can be the major cause. So, here we have shared some ways to stop such errors. So, let’s find out!
How To Fix Kb4015217 Failed To Install Error?
Based on its cause, improper installation, we are suggesting the following methods to fix this error quickly.
Note- Before performing the updates, make sure you have created the backup of your data.
Method 1- Install KB04015217 Updates On Windows 10 Manually
The online update of KB04015217 turns your screen into black, including the windows logo, and the white loading circle appears. Then you can install the updates and fix the problem. Here’s how you can do it.
- Step 1– Launch the Microsoft update catalog and search the KB04015217.
- Step 2– Download the .msu file. It will be compatible with your Windows product.
- Step 3– Locate the folder where you have saved the file.
- Step 4- Now run the .msu file and follow the on-screen details to install the KB04012217.
- Step 5- Restart your PC when you complete the install.
- Step 6- You will receive a message in settings that will ask to update windows 10 creators update.
Now, you have successfully installed the updates. In case you are still getting an issue, move to method 2.
Method 2- Try Windows Update Troubleshooter To Fix KB4015217
If you got failed with Manual updated to fix KB4015217, then troubleshooting can help. Look at the steps and see how they can help you solve the issue.
- Step 1– Open the browser and launch the Microsoft site.
- Step 2- Navigate the Windows update troubleshooter from the Microsoft site.
- Step 3- Run the latest.diagcab file that you have downloaded.
- Step 4– Highlight the Windows updates.
- Step 5– Jump on the next button to check the issues.
- Step 6- Choose to try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- Step 7- Then, follow the on-screen details to clear the issues.
- Step 8– When the troubleshooting is completed, you can find the problem that prevents the PC from updates.
Now, check if the error is resolved or not. Still, if it persists, then move to method 3.
Method 3- Hide or Skip The Update and Install of KB4013214 To Get Windows Update
To resolve the annoying message “Kb4015217 Failed To Install,” the next solution is to skip or hide the updates. Here’s you can do it.
You will need a diagnostic tool of Microsoft to show or hide the updates.
- Step 1- Download the wushowhide.diagcab file from Microsoft.
- Step 2- Run the file you have downloaded and saved.
- Step 3– Once the issue is detected, hide the updates.
- Step 4-Next, check the KB4015217 updates from the list.
- Step 5- Tap on Next
Once done, follow the on-screen details to hide the updates. When the process is completed, you can open the windows settings and see the error is fixed.
Method 4- Install The Windows 10 Creators Updates Via Installing The KB4013214 Updates
If the updates keep failing, then try this method.
- Step 1– Download KB4013214 Mandatory Windows 10 Creators Update according to your PC type.
- Step 2- Uncode the .cab file on the computer.
- Step 3– Run windows 10.0-KB4013214-x4.msi file and restart your PC.
- Step 4– Once the PC reboot, your PC screen will turn dark, and it will give the message that you can install and download Windows 10.
- Step 5- Check the settings on windows to check the updates.
You will see the windows is start downloading the creator’s updates.
Method 5- Use Hard Drive To Install Updates
- Step 1– Open my computer and create a folder in drive C
- Step 2– Create another folder in C with name update in C
- Step 3- Download KB4015217 from the windows catalogue to the update folder.
- Step 4– Now, left-click on the windows logo and choose settings.
- Step 5– Tap on update & security, then recovery.
- Step 6– Restart your PC
- Step 7- Locate the option that allows you to run cmd.
- Step 8- Reboot your PC once again.
- Step 9– In CMD run the command Dism.exe/image:C\/Add-package/package path:C\update\KB4015217.msu/ScratchDir:C:\Scratch
- Step 10– Once done, end the cmd and see the error is resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1\ How to locate a hard drive?
Hard drive mainly found inside the computer case and attached to the motherboard.
2\ How to check windows update?
Head to windows key + I >> update & security >> check updates
Tips And Tricks
- Restart Your PC after updates
- Create your backup before checking updates