Is Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard not working? Do you want to fix this problem fast? Countless users are reporting this error and searching here and there to know the solutions. If this is your case, you have come across the right page. This article explains to you the causes and fixes of the keyboard. However, all the given suggestions are recommended after getting personal experience of the same. So, let us get started!
REL0AD the page if you can't play the video
What Impact Of Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Not Working On Users?
Microsoft sculpts ergonomic keyboard has been in use by many users. It comes with both mouse and keyboard and runs on batteries. However, a low battery can be the reason for not working the keyboard. But if this is not your cause, it is either damaged or not lightened up. This naturally irritates the users and sometimes in anger that they don’t want to use that product again. Whatever issue you are having with the sculpt keyboard, you can resolve it smartly if you know the right way to fix it. So read on and get back on its use.
What Causes Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Not Working Error?
Before knowing the solutions, it is important to look at the causes of the problem. Therefore, you can solve the issue with your left hand. On the Microsoft forums, people have shared their issues, and we investigated the following reasons such as:
- If the keyboard is out of battery
- If the keyboard is internally damaged
- If hardware drivers are not updated
How To Fix Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Not Working Error?
By knowing the potential reasons, we worked on the solutions for the same. Finally, we have arrived with 100% working fixes. So, go through each method and know your solution.
Method 1- Fix The Internal Keyboard Damages
If there is internal keyboard damage, you can’t see a green light on the keyboard. So, if you are tech-savvy, you can do it hassle-free. But if you’re not, you can take the help of an expert. However, the below steps can help you fix the issue.
- Step 1: On the keyboard, you will see many screws. So, first of all, open the screws and keep them aside.
- Step 2: Remove the Keypad and silicone membrane. (There will be 2 large and 5 small pieces).
- Step 3: Now, Remove PCB to get into the troublesome rubber.
- Step 4: Lift the metal piece, PCB, and plastic sheets that joined in the same place.
- Step 5: Next, remove the rectangular rubber piece and pat it dry. You can use powder to absorb the moisture, dirt, etc.
- Step 6: You can use the dryer to dry the moisture present in the keyboard.
- Step 7: When moisture is dried out, put everything back safely and screw the keyboard.
- Step 8: Re-plug the keyboard and see whether it is working.
Method 2- Update the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Driver by Device Manager
Sometimes, users fail to update the hardware components. If you see everything is working fine, then update the keyboard drivers. Here’s how you can do this.
- Step 1: Start with Windows Key + R Button together, and it launches Run Command.
- Step 2: Enter devmgmt.msc and click on the ok button. The device manager will be launched.
- Step 3: Next, find the Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard and right-click on it. Then click on the Update driver software option.
- Step 4: If you are unable to find the driver, search automatically for the updated driver software option.
- Step 5: The windows will start searching the command and list all that needs an update.
- Step 6: Now, wait until the Update is not completed.
- Step 7: When done, restart your PC and see the keyboard is working.
If you still encounter the issue, then check Method 3.
Method 3- Download The Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Driver From The Official Website Of Microsoft
The following steps can help you to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Open the browser and head to the official Microsoft sculpt Keyboard website.
- Step 2: Tap on Downloads
- Step 3: Select the operating system whom you are downloading for.
- Step 4: Next, tap on Mouse and keyboard center to download the drivers.
- Step 5: When you are done with it, double-click on the setup files, i.e., the .exe file.
- Step 6: Next, follow the on-screen details to complete the setup and installation process.
- Step 7: Save and finish the process.
Method 4- Update the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Driver
- Step 1: Go to keyboard troubleshooter and open its settings
- Step 2: Next, click on Update & security, then troubleshoot.
If you are unable to check with the above steps, follow this.
- Step 1: Press Windows + S key from your keyboard.
- Step 2: Enter troubleshoot and tap on the ok button.
- Step 3: Now, choose hardware & devices.
- Step 4: Run the Troubleshoot to fix the issues.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen steps to see the desired results.
Hopefully, with the above recommendations, you will resolve the “Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Not Working Error.” If the issue is not resolved yet, we suggest you take the help of customer support or an expert technician near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1\ Why Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Not Working?
If the keyboard is damaged, contains moisture, or is uninstalled. However, before performing any fixing, make sure your keyboard is charged.
2\ How to reset Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard?
Unfortunately, there is no reset button. But yes, you can unplug-plug the device.
3\ How can you connect Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard?
- Plug the keyboard with a USB port.
- Press and hold the USB receiver for 5 seconds to complete the setup.
- Always follow the instructions manufacture mentioned to you.
4\ Is Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard using Bluetooth?
Yes, it can. And that’s a good idea if the keyboard is not working.
Tips And Tricks
- Update the Windows and drivers
- Restart your PC
- Unplug-plug the keyboard
- Charge your keyboard
- Take expert’s help