Silhouette Studio is an excellent program tool for designers but like its contemporaries, it still leaves something to be desired. Among the issues that plague Silhouette Studio, Silhouette Studio not running is second to none in terms of annoyance. Your Silhouette Studio won’t open and you have no idea what must be done? Then read to the end to learn how to get Silhouette Studio running in no time.
Silhouette Studio Not Running: Possibilities
In use, Silhouette Studio could run into all sorts of issues but if your Silhouette Studio won’t open, consider the suspects down below:
- Issues with graphics card drivers
- Incompatibility between the program and the computer
- Corruptions in the Library
How To Get Silhouette Studio Up And Running
Check Out Minimum Requirements
In layman’s terms, if Silhouette Studio is incompatible with your computer, you should have a hard time using it. In most of the cases, incompatibility is the result of computers failing to meet the minimum requirement of the software.
The minimum requirements to run Silhouette Studio include:
- OS: Windows 8.1
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard disk space: 2GB
- processor speed: 2 GHz
- USB port: 2.0
To see the specs of your computer:
- Step 1: Press the Windows and Pause buttons at the same time.
- Step 2: Compare the specs of your computer with the requirements above. If some of the specs don’t match, update/replace your computer. On the other hand, if your PC meets all of the requirements but Silhouette Studio won’t open, move on to the next solution.
Run Silhouette Studio In Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, your PC may even run a late Windows OS such as Windows 10 and 11 but still cannot run Silhouette Studio. In that case, you should give Compatibility Mode a go.
- Step 1: Right-click Silhouette Studio, click “Properties” and navigate to “Compatibility” tab.
- Step 2: Check the box next to Run the program in Compatibility mode, select Windows 8 and open Silhouette Studio one more time.
Generally speaking, Silhouette Studio could only run if people grant it permissions. Thus, once it comes to Silhouette Studio not running, you should take permissions into account.
- Step 1: Look for the Silhouette Studio program shortcut, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- Step 2: Navigate to “Security” tab, choose “Advanced” and pick“Change Permission”. Provide permissions by checking the box near “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object”. After you finish, you should see a Windows Security pop-up, select Yes and choose Okay to keep the changes.
Uninstall And Reinstall
- Step 1: Press “Windows + R” to open Run, type “control panel” and hit “Enter. In Control Panel, select “Programs”, choose “Programs and Features” and look for Silhouette Studio. The moment you see“Silhouette Studio”, pick “Uninstall” and follow the directions to complete the uninstallation.
- Step 2: Launch your web browser, visit the Silhouette Studio website and click the download link for Windows to get the latest version of Silhouette Studio.
- Step 2: Run the installer then follow the prompts as they pop up on your screen to conclude the installation of Silhouette Studio.
Note: On occasions, it’s a good idea to downgrade instead of upgrade Silhouette Studio, especially if the program only started acting up following a recent update. To downgrade Silhouette Studio, you still have to uninstall it. However, as you reinstall the program, go for one of the Legacy versions on the Silhouette Studio website. Download, install and run that version like usual.
For your information, corruption in the Library folder usually affects the performance of Silhouette Studio. That means if you clear Library, you should be able to start up Silhouette Studio with relative ease.
- Step 1: Press “Windows + R”, yype “%programdata%” and hit “Enter”. Look for “com.aspexsoftware.Silhouette_Studio.8” then delete it.
- Step 2: Open Silhouette Studio to see how things turn out.
Update graphics card driver
When your PC has issues with the graphics driver, Silhouette studio will have trouble starting. In many cases, the problems will come from an incompatible or old graphics card driver, making it impossible for Silhouette studio to display images and cut information. Check the steps below to update your PC’s graphics card driver to deal with this issue.
- Step 1: Tap on “Windows+R”. Enter “devmgmt.msc” followed by pressing “Enter”.
- Step 2: Find the “Device Manager”. Select “Display adaptors”. Then click the adaptor. Once the adaptor window gets displayed, select “Driver tab”. Finally, select “Update Driver”.
- Step 3: Restart your PC
Frequently Asked questions
How do I use Silhouette Studio?
Silhouette Studio is made for designing and everyone can use it with or without the Silhouette machine.
The program lets you create things like labels, tags, gift cards and custom stickers. In times of need, it’s possible to use Silhouette Studio to create designs for Cricut as well as Glowforge. If you lack a Silhouette machine, you can take advantage of Silhouette Studio Business Edition to create your designs. Nonetheless, ensure that your PC can handle SVG files.
What sorts of files can Silhouette Studio read?
Using the right file type for the right version of Silhouette Studio is crucial if you want to avoid errors. For instance, DXF and PNG files have cut lines which means they will not require to be traced. Aside from that, you can open the files in a free Silhouette Studio.