For your information, SLUI stands for Software Licensing User Interface and it’s a command-line utility. SLUI consists of four commands (1, 2, 3, and 4) and each of the commands serves a different purpose. In the case that you want to activate Windows on your computer manually, you have to use SLUI 4. Usually, SLUI 4 runs smoothly but if you notice SLUI 4 not working, you should take a look at this article.
Why Is SLUI 4 Not Working?
Once it comes to SLUI 4 not working, all sorts of reasons exist. These reasons range from your laptop not being properly configured to an expired license key. Also, if you get your computer from retailers that don’t activate Windows on their computer, you should expect SLUI errors.
How To Get SLUI 4 To Work
Activate Windows Via Command Prompt
- Step 1: Press the Windows + X keys at the same time then run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Step 2: If an administrator password or confirmation is requested, enter the password or give the required confirmation.
- Step 3: Now type the following command at the command prompt and hit Enter:
- slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
- Step 4: To activate Windows, type the command below and click Enter once the key confirmation box appears:
- slmgr.vbs /ato
- Step 5: Restart your system.
Activate Windows Over Phone
- Step 1: Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Step 2: Run “SLUI 4” from cmd.exe.
- Step 3: Choose your nation or area.
- Step 4: Dial the phone number that shows up.
- Step 5: Provide the installation ID over the phone.
- Step 5: Enter the confirmation ID that you receive
Perform An SFC Scan
Able to resolve a wide range of errors, System File Checker (SFC) is one of the best fixes for SLUI 4 not working. SFC may be launched via the administrator of Windows or the Windows recovery disc.
- Step 1: Press the Windows + X shortcut key combination from the desktop.
- Step 2: Select Command Prompt from the menu (Admin).
- Step 3: Click Yes to all User Account Control (UAC) questions.
- Step 4: Now, type SFC /scannow into the command prompt window and hit Enter.
- Step 5: Restart the computer when the scan concludes.
Make Use Of Windows Troubleshooter
If none of the above methods seems to work then there is a higher possibility that some important files for your windows may be missing. In that scenario, you may want to use Windows Troubleshooter to find and fix all the file issues on your computer .
- Step 1: Start by selecting the start menu on the left-most side of your taskbar.
- Step 2: After this select Settings.
- Step 3: Now go to Update & Security and select it.
- Step 4: Select Troubleshoot option.
- Step 5: Now simply select the type of troubleshooting you want to do, then select Run the troubleshooter.
- Step 6: Allow the troubleshooter to complete its work before responding to any queries that appear on the screen and see if the issue is resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How To Plug In A Product Key With SLMGR And SLUI?
- Step 1: Start by opening the command prompt by pressing the Windows + X shortcut.
- Step 2: Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Step 3: If prompted, accept the Command Prompt’s permission to make modifications to your device by clicking Yes. You may also be asked to provide the administrator password if you have any.
- Step 4: Fill in the blanks with your 25-character product key, which should be structured as follows:
- SLMGR /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
- Step 5: On your keyboard, press the Enter key. A dialogue box should appear now on your screen alerting you that your product key has been activated.
How To Change Your Product Key Using SLUI?
If you wish to utilize a different product key on Windows 10 without having to reinstall the entire system, you can do this by using SLUI.
- Step 1: Open the Run utility using the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Step 2: After this click on the OK button after typing “SLUI 3.”
- Step 3: The Change Product Key window should appear now.
- Step 4: Now to finish the activation, type in the new product key you want to use and follow any on-screen prompts.
Hello, with 11 years of professional full stack development experience in Design, application and web Development, Backend Development, UI design and Mobile development I hope that I could help you to solve your problems while using Windows programs.
My Linkedin profile: Link.