Have you seen the “SoundBlaster Z the currently selected audio device is disabled” error message on Windows 10? If yes, you are alone who is facing this trouble. Lots of Windows 10 users report this error after updating Windows. With this setup, tons of problems have been rising, such as soundcards/drives/Logitech/creative speakers, etc. Thus, it often makes it hard to pinpoint what exactly happened. To eliminate stress, we have investigated several methods that fix issues related to the sound blaster and more associated with it. So, read on.
The Impact If “SoundBlaster Z the Currently Selected Audio Device Is Disabled” Error on Users
Sound Blaster is an amazing and creative sound blaster software for windows 10. While accessing it, we have seen “SoundBlaster Z the currently selected audio device is disabled.” This simply causes trouble for users to use it. However, you might have tried all your tricks to fix it, but unfortunately, nothing worked the best. So, there we have recommended the best solutions to fix it soon. Before jumping on tricks, it is a must to check its causes, so you can better find the right solution.
What Causes the “SoundBlaster Z the Currently Selected Audio Device Is Disabled” Error on Windows 10?
It’s easy to find solutions when you know the right cause of a problem. Thus, in order to ensure 100% working output, one needs to fix the problem. Following are the few reasons that you can fix it.
- If sound drivers are not installed or updated
- If there is an error in installing the sound blaster
- If the sound blaster is not detected by windows
- If your Mic is not functioning
How to Fix “SoundBlaster Z the Currently Selected Audio Device Is Disabled “Error?
Suppose you’re receiving this error, again and again, even free trials of rebooting the PC, updating system, etc. Then following solutions can help you achieve 100% good results.
Method 1- Fix Sound Blaster Not Detected
One of the major reasons for the “SoundBlaster Z the currently selected audio device is disabled” error is when windows 10 is unable to detect sound blaster. So, the following are the steps you can take to resolve the issue.
- Step 1- First, shut down your pc and unplug the computer/laptop from the power cord.
- Step 2- Wait for several minutes, so your PC can be ready for fast changes.
- Step 3– Restart your computer and see the problem is fixed. It is a 95% working technique. However, it proves wrong, then moves to the next steps.
- Step 4– Unplug any audio device cable, headphones jack, line-in, and onboard audio adapter.
- Step 5- Ensure the audio adapter is disabled in BIOS.
- Step 6- Plug the audio cable into the sound blaster.
- Step 7- Now, Plug the device with an audio cable and see if the audio adapter is working or not.
- Step 8- Start your Pc again. If the issue still persists, then jump on to the next steps.
- Step 9- Launch PC-case and move the audio adapter to another PCI-E slot.
- Step 10– Then again, restart your computer and see the fixed error.
Hopefully, Method 1 worked for you. In case it’s not, then jump on Method 2.
Method 2- Eliminate Sound Blaster Errors
Sound blaster error causes big trouble to sound quality. When you check with your CD, you might find zero sound from laptops and computers. And this indicates a practical approach towards Sound Blaster that most likely results in a poor z card. If this is your case, follow the given steps to fix it fast.
- Step 1- launch the control panel on the windows
- Step 2- Then go to system and security
- Step 3– Choose the device manager here
- Step 4– Now, on the sound button, you will find video & game controllers, then wait for SoundBlaster Z card entry.
- Step 5– If you see the sound card is marked with the yellow exclamation, it means there is a problem related to drovers.
- Step 6- Update your drivers to fix it and then restart your computer. To see how does it check method 4.
Method 3- If Mic is not working
If there is an issue with Mic, follow these steps to fix it.
- Step 1- Search the control panel in the start menu and launch it
- Step 2- Choose system & security
- Step 3- Tap on device manager
- Step 4- Here, choose SoundBlaster Z card entry
- Step 5– click twice on the SoundBlaster Z card and check its properties.
- Step 6- If it shows there is no conflict, that means your device is working fine. So you should disable BIOS to solve the error.
- Step 7- Start BIOS and disable the onboard audio.
- Step 8– Navigate “Primary audio device.” If you are unable to locate then search AC97 or audio.
- Step 9- Choose the audio device and bio-directional arrows to find the disable command.
- Step 10- click on disable and save changes, then exit BIOS.
Method 4- Update Your Sound Drivers
- Step 1- Go to the taskbar and search the device manager.
- Step 2- Select the device manager and find the category you’d like to update.
- Step 3- If you don’t know how to update, then choose “search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Step 4– Choose update drivers.
- Step 5- It will take several minutes to update then restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1/ Why is my PC sound is disabled?
Outdated or malfunctioning drivers can cause it.
2/ What happens If I disable the device on PC?
If you disable any device on PC, windows will ignore that piece of hardware.
3/ Does a device disable without a driver?
If that device’s features are unknown to the windows, it won’t work without drivers.
Tips And Tricks
- Ensure your windows, drivers, chipset, display network, and BIOS is updated.
- Update the drivers to keep things safe
- Update the sound settings
- Run the troubleshooting
- Reinstall the SoundBlaster Z