Used by over a million companies worldwide, with over 731,000 companies in the United States alone using the office suite software. Microsoft has been the number one choice of users when it comes to the best combination of productivity and features.
0x80070643 is a common error reported by a majority of Microsoft Office users. If you are having the same problem, we recommend you to read this article to the end and by the end, you will be able to fix this problem all by yourself.
Let’s get started!
So What Exactly Is “Update For Microsoft Office 2010 (kb2553347) 32-Bit Edition – Error 0x80070643”?
0x80070643 error usually occurs when .Net Framework is corrupted. This error can affect your computer in a variety of ways, ranging from a laggy system to your system getting corrupted.
How To Fix “Update For Microsoft Office 2010 (kb2553347) 32-Bit Edition – Error 0x80070643”?
After analyzing a ton of user reports, we were able to find out various fixes which they found helpful, and we have sorted these fixes into various methods you can use to solve this problem in a much simpler and faster way.
So we recommend you to follow the various methods we have provided below, and you may be able to solve this issue in no time like a pro.
1.) Start The Computer In Clean Boot Mode
Various users reported that starting their computer in clean boot mode helped them to solve this issue in a big way.
Booting the computer in clean boot mode disables all the non-Microsoft applications and the antivirus, which could be one of the reasons for the error. So we, recommend you to do the same.
But if you don’t know how to do that then here are the simple steps to boot your computer in clean boot mode
- Step 1: You first need to sign in to the computer as an administrator. If you don’t have an administrator account and don’t know how to make one, you can do so by following this link here.
- Step 2: The next step is to type msconfig in the search box on the taskbar, and select System Configuration from the results.
- Step 3: Now on the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.
- Step 4: Now on the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.
- Step 5: Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.
- Step 6: Close Task Manager
- Step 7: On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK.
After following the above steps, when you restart the computer, it will boot into a clean boot environment.
2.) Disable/Uninstall Antivirus Software Temporarily
If the above method doesn’t work, then there is a high probability that the cause for this problem may be the third-party antivirus pieces of software that you might have installed on your computer.
It might be conflicting with the Windows update. So we recommend you to try uninstalling or at least disabling the same temporarily and then try updating Windows and see if it works.
If you don’t know how to do that, here is how you can do so
- Step 1: You first need to press the Windows logo key + R to launch a Run
- Step 2: The next step is to type appwiz.cpl into the Run dialog and press Enter.
- Step 3: Now a list of all the programs installed on your computer will be shown. In this list, choose the third-party security product you wish to delete, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
- Step 4: Now go through the uninstallation wizard to uninstall the application.
By the time you reach the end of the removal procedure, the application will have been successfully removed, however, you may need to restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
3.) Disconnect External Hardware
Sometimes having external hardware connected to the system can also lead to problems like these. So we recommend you remove any external storage devices, discs, docks, or any other accessories that aren’t required for the basic operation of your system. Then try running updates again to check whether the issue has been repaired.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.) How Do I Upgrade My Office Apps?
Updating My Office apps is very simple. If you are having trouble updating them, then we have provided below some simple steps to update Microsoft office apps.
- Step 1: You first need to make sure that you have exited all Office apps before proceeding with the next step.
- Step 2: The next step is to open the Microsoft Store app by typing “Microsoft Store” into the taskbar search and pressing Enter.
- Step 3: Now click on the settings icon and make sure you’re signed in to the Microsoft account associated with your Office license.
- Step 4: Now click on the See More icon (…) and choose the Downloads and Updates option.
- Step 5: Now click on Get Updates
After this, Microsoft Office will start searching for the latest available update and then you will be finally able to update your apps with ease.
2.) What Are The Key Benefits Of Using Office 365 For Business?
Office 365 allows users to access their contacts, e-mails, calendars, and documents from nearly any device and from anywhere in the world. For business, these features tend to play a vital role in increasing productivity while also in reducing the time required to do some simple works like making a presentation, working with Excel sheets, creating and creation of resumes, you name it.
Here are the 4 key benefits of using Office 365 for business:
- Access Files Anywhere: With Office 365, your company may keep all of its data on the cloud. This means they may be accessed from any device with an internet connection, from any place.
- Secure Cloud Storage: Unauthorized users can’t access your data if they get on your computer since Office 365 is a completely secure environment with strong security measures in place, such as two-factor authentication.
- Improved Communication: Users may utilize Office 365 to keep communication centralized and simple across Skype and Outlook. You can have conference calls and meetings with employees and external agencies from anywhere in the globe with Skype for Business, so you can always cooperate and communicate regardless of location or time difference.
- Automatic upgrades: All the main programs, like Word, Excel, and Outlook, are included and may be used online without installing any software. Upgrade occurs at specified times, so you don’t have to worry about being on the most recent version; it will happen automatically. The cost of purchasing new software is also eliminated because updates are included in your Office 365 license subscription.