Once it comes to streaming digital content, VUDU is one of the top services at the moment. Featuring a user-friendly interface, VUDU allows people to watch everything from films to TV shows at their leisure. That being said, VUDU remains far from perfect and complaints pop up from time to time. Read to the end if you want to learn more about VUDU HDCP error Windows 10.
What Might Have Gone Wrong
Opening multiple browser sessions simultaneously could result in VUDU HDCP errors on Windows 10. For instance, if you have one window with Netflix and the other with VUDU, there is a chance that VUDU would act up.
For your information, monitor models manufactured before the introduction of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) won’t support streaming via VUDU. Usually, if you have a HDCP-compliant monitor, you could watch VUDU to your heart’s content. However, if you connect the second monitor (which does not support HDCP) to the network, errors ensue.
Your cable is not HDCP compliant? Then it’s only natural that you would run into HDCP error while using VUDU. On the bright side, if the cable is responsible for VUDU HDCP error Windows 10, you don’t have to do much.
The obsolescence of the video driver would lead to a lot of problems including HDCP errors on VUDU. If you cannot recall the last time you updated your video driver, it may be too old to support HDCP.
VUDU HDCP Error Windows 10 Error: Advice
GrabA HDCP-Compliant Cable
In the beginning, you should replace your current cable with a HDCP-compliant one. Nowadays, you could pick up HDCP-compliant cables from hardware stores.
Think About The Monitor
If you come across HDCP errors after adding a monitor to your setup, check to see if that monitor is HDCP compatible. Depending on the result, proceed to get another monitor that supports HDCP. Aside from that, for good measure, look for non-HDCP compliant devices in your setup.
Use One Browser Session
Close all but one browser session and use the remaining session to view VUDU content. Feel free to use other browsers if you want to.
If you suspect the driver to be the culprit, you must consider updating the driver to the latest version at once. To update the driver, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and hit enter.
- Step 2: Expand Monitor, right-click your monitor and pick Properties.
- Step 3: Navigate to Driver then hit Update Driver.
- Step 4: Follow the onscreen instruction to update the driver.
- Step 5: Restart your computer.
What exactly is HDCP?
Generally speaking, HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a copy protection scheme designed by Intel Corporation. HDCP prevents the copying of digital content while in transit from the source to the display.
How does HDCP work?
HDCP works to protect digital content in the following three processes;
- Authentication – it follows a laid out steps to ensure that both the source and the sink are HDCP compliant and genuine devices
- Data encryption – it encrypts the data before being transmitted via the cables to prevent attacks while in transition.
- Key revocation – it can revoke the key or permission of any device that is compromised, thereby protecting the digital content from abuse.
How do I know if my system is HDCP compatible?
Usually, you could determine whether your system supports HDCP by searching for brands of its components on the Internet. In the case that you have NVIDIA Control Panel, you could take advantage of it.
- Step 1: Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- Step 2: Expand Display and hit View HDCP Status.
- Step 3: Select the icon representing the display you want to check. Soon, you should see one of the three possible results:
- This display supports HDCP
- This display does not support HDCP as configured
- This display does not support HDCP
Does Netflix use HDCP?
Device needs to be compliant with HDCP in order to stream Netflix.
Is disabling HDCP illegal?
In some countries, it is illegal to disable HDCP. The protocol was put in place in the first place to protect copyrights and prevent content piracy. Thus, disabling HDCP is against the law of a country and may result in legal troubles.
What must be done to bypass HDCP from HDMI?
- Use a different (analog) video output
Several devices like PlayStation 3 have S-Video & Composite video. HDCP does not support analog connections, and you should be able to seamlessly view the video from non-HDCP devices. The video quality may, however, be lower but won’t be that bad.
- Firmware setting
In case you don’t know, it’s possible to disable HDCP on a number of devices. Please note that if you use this method, any app that uses HDCP won’t work.
- Use a HDMI splitter
One of the easiest ways to bypass HDCP is to use a HDMI splitter. The splitter makes it possible to connect two TVs to one HDMI source.
Tips And Tricks
- Connect a free Ultraviolet account to maximize your digital rights
- For seamless rentals and purchases, you can add your credit card
- Try out VUDU for iOS & Android to watch anywhere and anytime.
- Take advantage of Disc to Digital and store DVDs/Blu-ray content.