Imagine you have been thinking about buying a new game or software you like on Microsoft store, and now you have finally decided to buy it. When you finally do it, you are served with this error message out of nowhere Stating, “We’re Having Trouble Processing Your Payment and We’d Like To Get It Sorted Out.”
Very frustrating right? Well, many users who try buying a game or software From the Microsoft store using their Master Card face this issue. If you’ve been troubled by this error message, you may try to repair it by looking at the solutions here.
What Exactly Is “We’re Having Trouble Processing Your Payment And We’d Like To Get It Sorted Out.” Error?
This error notice appears when you try to buy something from the Microsoft Store or the Xbox MarketPlace. It is the inability to complete a purchase on Microsoft platforms due to a variety of reasons.
Why Am I Getting This Error? How To Fix it?
If you get this error, this means that the payment you did for your game or software has not been processed properly, which could be a technical glitch or sometimes your user profile’s corruption seems to be the problem.
Let’s see how you can try to fix this issue.
- Clear your Browser’s Cache: Sometimes it is due to your browser’s cache files which turn out to be the reason. It is always best to make sure that you have cleared all of your browser’s cache.
- Change your Internet Connection: For being on a safer side, do try changing your internet connection. It is sometimes seen that the internet connection is not strong enough to complete the purchase.
- Invalid Credit Card: Check if the credit card credentials you entered are correct. If your payment is declined, or you receive a notification saying your payment option’s data are incorrect, check the Payment Options page for the right account or credit card number, CVV number, name, billing address, and expiration date.
If none of the basic troubleshooting techniques seems to work, then it is time to move to advanced troubleshooting.
Create A New User Account
Try creating a new user account on Windows. It is sometimes observed that user profile corruption can hinder the Store app’s performance in some instances. Creating a new User Account and checking if you can purchase a product using the Store app via that user profile can help to troubleshoot this issue.
Change your payment method
It is observed that choosing the wrong payment method can also be the reason behind this type of error. To solve this, you just need to select a different payment method to fix this issue. If you haven’t set up any other payment method.
To do so, just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: To access the Payment choices page of your account dashboard, log in using your Microsoft account. If you face any difficulty in signing in with your Microsoft account, then try this link.
- Step 2: Select Add a new payment method.
- Step 3: Select the type of payment method you want to add, add your info, and select Save.
Status Of Your Microsoft Account
Check your Microsoft account’s status. Your ability to make purchases from the Microsoft Store may be impacted by the state of your Microsoft account.
If your account contains the following items, you will not be able to make a purchase.
- A Microsoft subscription with an outstanding balance.
- Your Microsoft account has been temporarily suspended.
- A suspension or ban from Xbox Live.
Make Sure That Your Account Region And Your Microsoft Store Location Match
Yes, it is true, You won’t be able to make a purchase if your account region and your Microsoft Store location don’t match. So make sure that they both match.
Make Sure To Put A Valid Billing Address
Sometimes it is the invalid billing address that tends to be causing this issue. You must have a valid billing address as well as a payment method that is appropriate for your location. So make sure that you put a valid billing address.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1). How to find my Microsoft account email address?
In order to access your Xbox account and other Microsoft services, You’ll need the email address and password you used to create your Microsoft account. Even if you know your gamertag, Xbox Support is unable to supply this information.
Using your Xbox console or a variety of other techniques, you may recover a forgotten Microsoft account email address.
For Adult Accounts email address:
- If you have added your account with your Xbox but are currently not signed in:
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2: Under Profile & system, select Choose a profile.
- Step 3: Highlight your gamertag and gamerpic. The email you use to sign in will be listed below your gamertag.
- If you are currently signed in to your Xbox console: Look at the upper-left area of the Home screen. Your gamertag, name, and email address you used to sign-in should all be rotating there. If you don’t see your email, it’s possible that you’ve altered your settings to hide it. For this:
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2: Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey.
- Step 3:Under Show on Home, you’ll see the email or phone number you use to sign in.
- If you are trying to sign in to your Xbox console for the first time: Simply follow these steps:
- Step1: Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Step 2: Select Profile & system, select Add or Switch, and then Add new.
- Step 3:Go to Select Forgot your account?
- Step 4: Enter a phone number or email address associated with your account for security
- info. Check that phone or email inbox for the security code we just sent you and enter it
- on the screen.
- Step 5: A list of accounts that use that phone or email will be shown. For security
- reasons, parts of your username will be masked.
2). How to Lookup up my Microsoft account username that I forgot?
In order to lookup for your forgotten username, you can use this option to retrieve your username if you already set up security information on your Microsoft account.
Follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Look up your username by clicking on this link and then input your security contact phone number or email address.
- Step 2: Request a security code to be sent to the phone number or email you used.
- Step 3: Enter the code and select Next.
- Step 4: When you see the account you’re looking for, select Sign in.