Since first introduced in 2001 Xbox has been a very popular platform for gamers all around the world. Reaching over 24 million units sold as of May 2006. Its second console, Xbox 360 introduced in 2005 reached 86 million units sold as of October 2021. Known for its high-end gaming as well as multimedia services, Xbox is also prized for being flawless, however, having trouble processing payment is a common issue faced by many Xbox users.
So what happens is that when you try to join Xbox game pass, you in turn get an error message stating “we’re having trouble processing your payment, and we would like to get it sorted out”
Why Am I Getting This Error? How To Fix It?
This error occurs when there’s an issue with the approval or authorization for the purchase you attempted.
- Outdated Billing Information: This error might have occurred due to the outdated billing information associated with your account. To solve this, try updating your billing information. Follow these steps to update your billing information:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account you want to update your billing information for.
- Search for the Payment & Billing section and select Address book. Here, you can easily add or edit billing and shipping addresses.
Note: To change your current default billing address, you may first need to add a new one and then set it as your new default address.
- Invalid Credit Card: Your credit card linked to the Microsoft account might be invalid, which in turn causes this error. To solve this, try checking your billing status and inquire about your purchasing allowances from your bank to make sure that you have permission to make online purchases with your payment option.
- Using the wrong payment method: Not all payment options are available in all regions. So using the wrong payment method might be the reason for this error.You just need to use a different payment option. To do so, just follow these simple steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- The Next step is to select Profile & system.
- Now go to the Settings and then account.
- Select the Payment & billing option.
- Go to the Add a payment option and then select Choose a payment.
- Just follow the instructions, and you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1). What With The “A Billing Address Error Occurs When Making a Purchase on Your Xbox Console” Message?
When you try to make a purchase on your Xbox console, you encounter the following error message :
Sorry, there’s a problem with your billing address. Fix it in Settings, Account, Manage Payment Options, then come back to try again.
You just need to update your billing address. Simply follow these steps, and you are good to go.
2). How To Change The Email Address or Phone Number for Your Microsoft Account?
To change your email address or phone number, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account for which you want to change your email address or phone number.
- Go to Your info at the top of the page.
- Now select Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
- Select the email address or phone number that you want to remove.
- If it’s a primary email, then you need to select a new primary before you remove the old one. To do so, select one of the other email addresses that are on the account, and then select Make primary.
- Now you can use this new primary email or phone number to freely send and receive emails, access your Microsoft account information, and appear on devices.
- To remove the email address or phone number that you no longer need, you simply need to select the Remove option that’s next to it, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
3). How To Use Mobile Operator Billing with Your Microsoft Account?
In certain countries and regions, Microsoft Store offers mobile operator billing as a payment method for Xbox users by which the user can use mobile operator billing to buy Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and many more contents too which include different games, apps, music, HD movies, and TV shows directly on your Xbox console.
Follow these steps to use this option:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Buy in your Microsoft store.
- Choose to Get Started! Add a way to pay or change.
- Go to Add a new payment method and select a Mobile phone.
- Now select your mobile operator from the list and enter your phone number, after that hit Next.
- To make sure it’s really you, Microsoft will send you a code via text message. Enter the code and hit Next.
- Now all you need to do is check the terms and payment details, and then hit Buy.
4). How To Use PayPal with Your Microsoft Account?
PayPal is widely used in many countries for making purchases by Xbox users. To add PayPal as a payment method for Xbox console, follow these simple steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Profile & system followed by Settings and then account.
- Now select Payment & billing.
- Select Add a payment option.
- Now pick PayPal, and follow the instructions.
To add PayPal as a payment method for Xbox online, follow these simple steps:
- Click here and sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
- Go to Payment & billing and select Payment options.
- Now you can easily add or edit payment options from here.
- Now select Add a new payment method.
- Under Choose your payment method, scroll down to select PayPal.
You can also watch this video for further assistance.