One of the last things that gamers want to experience is to notice their Xbox app party chat not working in the middle of gaming sessions. With party chat out of order, gamers would have a hard time communicating with each other which impairs coordination. Needless to say, when party chat acts up, all gamers have one thing in mind: get it back up and running. Read this article to the end and you should be able to resume playing with party chat to assist you.
Xbox App Party Chat Not Working: Summary
Xbox App could experience a number of issues but if it’s outright unusable, you should consider the possibilities down below.
- Issues with the installation
- Interference from other software
How To Get The Xbox Party Chat Working Again
Different faults have different fixes but once it comes to Xbox app party chat not working, you should try out these solutions.
Take Network Connection Into Account
If your Xbox party chat app is not working, it can be because of a network issue. To resolve it, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1- Reboot the computer.
- Step 2- Restart the router.
- Step 3- Flush the DNS.
- Step 4- Disable the UPnP.
- Step 5- Disable the VPN and proxy
- Step 6- Disable IPv4
Note: If you can help it, stick to wired Internet connection for consistent connectivity and speed.
Install Teredo Adapter
In a number of cases, it’s possible to bring Xbox app party chat back to working order by installing the Teredo adapter. However, the Teredo adapter is not available on computers by default. Therefore, you have to install it by yourself.
- Step 1- Go to Device Manager.
- Step 2- Choose Action, pick Add legacy hardware and select Next.
- Step 3- Click Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced) then pick Next.
- Step 4- Select Network Adapters, choose Microsoft and click Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter.
- Step 5- Pick Next.
The installation of Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter should follow suit. Once the installation wraps up, restart your computer.
Check Out The Permissions
To use the microphone, some games require permissions for themselves as well as the Xbox app. That means if you don’t grant the permissions, Xbox app party chat not working is one of the consequences.
- Step 1- Press the Window key, pick Settings and choose Privacy
- Step 2- Click Microphone.
- Step 3- Turn on the Xbox app that lies under Choose apps to access your microphone.
Resetting Sound is also a good idea as it removes existing bugs and errors. Go through the following steps to perform the reset.
- Step 1- Click Start, choose Settings and hit System.
- Step 2- Select Sound then pick App volume and device preferences
- Step 3- Choose Reset on the lower left to revert Sound settings to defaults
Tips And Tricks
- Update the Xbox app from time to time.
- Keep an eye on the Internet connection
- Download the latest versions of drivers
Best Alternatives For Xbox App Party Chat
If your Xbox app party chat isn’t working correctly after trying every possible method, you may want to try out other chat applications. Through these free chat apps, you can connect with your friends in the game and enjoy your time without any problems.
Discord is available on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. With the help of this app, you can connect up to ten members and interact with them via text, video, and audio.
- There is no need to pay anything to set up servers on Discord.
- It’s possible to join up to one hundred servers and each server is an independent community.
- Reasonable level of privacy.
- Latency is a common issue with Discord in certain countries.
- Its voice chat feature is not that good compared to others.
Mumble is an open-source app available for platforms like Mac and Linux. However, for the android version, there’s a third party called Plumble, and for iOS, it’s Mumblefy. People mostly use it for its voice feature but you get the option of a text message too.
- Its specialization in low-latency communication means it’s suitable for games that require quick action responses, teamwork, etc.
- You can create your channel and control the servers and connect others at your leisure.
- Unlike Discord, you can only connect to one Mumble server at a time.
- Mumble requires people to go through a tutorial which causes some irritation.
TeamSpeak is like Mumble but offers unique features. It is available on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android platforms.
- User-friendly interface with high audio quality
- Flexible and powerful permission system.
- Like the Mumble, you can only connect to one server at a time.
- If you want to increase the maximum capacity of the users then you need to pay the annual fee.
Stream Voice chat
Stream is one of the leading games distribution platforms and now, its Voice Chat option is gaining popularity in the gaming world.
- There is no need to install a third-party application if you play games on Steam.
- You can use GIFs, audio clips, and other media formats in the chatbox.
- High voice quality.
- If the Steam network experiences issues, the performance of Steam Voice Chat suffers.
- It requires a high speed and stable Internet connection.
It is quite different from the above as it provides privacy and end-to-end encryption. Additionally, it uses a peer-to-peer connection model that boosts your privacy while chatting in-game.
- Secured voice chat
- Compatible with every kind of operating system
- Innovating features
- Less than ideal voice quality
- Both users must be connected
- Sporadic delays