Prized for its consoles and exciting games, Xbox has always been one of the first preferences for professional as well as non-professional gamers all around the world.
In comparison to the PC platform, consoles normally do not cause a lot of problems for the user. However, the Xbox has its own set of concerns, most of which are related to the Xbox Live program.
Unlike most of these codes, though, this one is simple to solve. The error code 8015820a is the one we’ll try to fix today, and it comes when the Xbox Live service is offline.
So What Exactly Is “Xbox Error Code 8015820a”?
Xbox Error code 8015820a simply means that your Xbox Live service is offline. This generally happens when there is a problem on the Xbox side. However, this can also happen due to some other number of reasons including the fact that your network connection has some issues, or it might be due to some interruptions caused by your hardware.
How To Fix “Xbox Error Code 8015820a”?
When it comes to fixing “Xbox Error Code 8015820a” there is nothing much you can do. However, there are a few basic troubleshooting tricks you can try to fix by yourself.
We have given below basic troubleshooting methods some users have found helpful in similar conditions like this. You can opt for these and try to troubleshoot this error
Try To Check The Status Of Xbox Live Services
The first and foremost step you should take while dealing with this kind of error is to check the status of your Xbox Live Service.
To do this, follow the instructions given in below:
- Step 1: Visit the Xbox Live Status page using this link.
- Step 2: Check if there’s an outage.
If there is, it means that the issue is caused by the server, and your only option is to wait until Microsoft fixes the issue.
Unplug Your Console
Sometimes your Console can also be the reason behind this error. So to be on the safe side, to should unplug your console and then reconnect it again to find out what is causing this error.
If you don’t know how to do it, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: You first need to press the Xbox button.
- Step 2: The next step is to go to Profile & system and select Settings.
- Step 3: Now navigate to the General tab and select Power mode & startup
- Step 4: Now choose Full shutdown.
- Step 5: Select Shut down.
- Step 6: Disconnect the console from the power outlet.
- Step 7: Now Leave it disconnected for 5 minutes or so.
- Step 8: Connect the console to the power outlet and press the Power button to start it.
Now after following these instructions, this error should be resolved, but if you are still facing this issue then we recommend you try the next method and see if it works for you.
Unplug Your Ethernet Connection
Unplugging your Ethernet might not seem like a big help, but it had done its share of wonders for some users who tend to be in the same situation as yours. Sometimes it is the Ethernet connection that is faulty.
To do this, follow these steps given below
- Step 1: Disconnect your Ethernet cable from the console
- Step 2: Try logging in a few times with your cable disconnected.
- Step 3: Now reconnect the Ethernet cable.
- Step 4: After this, try to log in again.
Restart Your Modem/Router
It is found that the problem with your modem/router can also give rise to these types of errors.
So it is advised to restart your modem/router before advancing to any further conclusions.
To do that, just simply follow these steps given below:
- Step 1: The first thing you need to do is to turn off your Xbox.
- Step 2: Now press the power button on your modem to turn it off.
- Step 3: After your modem turns off, wait for 30 seconds or more.
- Step 4: After that, press the power button on your modem and wait until it turns on completely.
- Step 5: Now turn back on your Xbox and check if the error is resolved.
If the error is resolved this time, it means that your modem/router was the one causing this error. If the error persists then you are recommended to try another method given as follows.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.) How Do I Sign In To Xbox?
Signing in to your Xbox is not that hard, but if you are facing difficulty signing in. Here are the steps you need to follow
- Step 1: First thing, you need to press the Xbox button and select Profile & System.
- Step 2: Now select the Sign-in option.
- Step 3: Enter your Microsoft account email and password.
- Step 4: Now all you have left to do is to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
After the process is complete, you should be signed in to your Xbox.
2.) What Is Xbox Game Pass?
Xbox game pass is a unique membership that allows you to access a variety of titles as long as you pay the monthly charge. With more than 100 different games are available, all of which may be purchased at a permanent discount,
for many users, this is a terrific offer because they get to sample a lot of games while also getting an Xbox Live Gold membership as a bonus.
However, there is a Catch. This service isn’t accessible in every nation, so depending upon the nation you live in, you might not be able to reap the same benefits which some other users might benefit from living in other nations.