Xbox has long been one of the top choices for professional and non-professional gamers all around the world, thanks to its high-quality consoles and thrilling games.
However, consoles, in comparison to the PC platform, usually do not present many issues for the user. The Xbox One, on the other hand, has its own set of issues and one of these issues is the “Xbox One Notifications Not Working” issue.
If you are experiencing the same problem, we recommend that you read this article through to the finish, as you will be able to address the problem on your own.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Why Is Your “Xbox One Notifications Not Working”?
The following are some of the most typical reasons why your Xbox One app isn’t working:
Your Notifications Have Been Disabled
Your Xbox One app may have been set up in such a way that notifications have been disabled. As a result, you should check the settings to see whether the alerts have been turned off from the settings menu.
Be aware that Windows’ Focus Assist function was created to reduce needless intrusions while users are working on a job. As a result, the Xbox One app alerts may occasionally fail. This one has an easy solution. You should try temporarily turning off the Focus Assist function and seeing if it solves the problem.
A Full-Screen Glitch
In full-screen mode, some apps, such as Spotify, might block you from receiving alerts. As a result, I recommend using the Xbox program in windowed mode for this. Do you want to know how to do it? Then check out our section on solutions.
The app may be configured incorrectly at times. As a result, I recommend that you investigate if this is preventing the alerts from being delivered. If this is the case, then go back to the default settings.
Be aware that certain programs have restricted background use permissions on the PC. As a result, they may be unable to correctly convey the notifications.
How to Fix “Xbox One Notifications Not Working”? with
These are the approaches that will assist you in resolving your issue with no notifications:
Enable Your Notifications
Disabling the presentment feature, as I said in the first section, might be one of the major reasons you aren’t getting party invites. So, here’s how you may deal with this problem:
- Step 1: Go to your Settings app first, then to the System section.
- Step 2: Then choose Notification And Actions from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: After that, go to the Get Notifications option and check the box to activate it.
Manually checking/enabling individual applications and the Xbox One app is another approach to enable alerts.
Reset Your Xbox One App
It’s simple to reset your Xbox One app. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Step 1: To begin, hold down the Windows Key and the “I” key at the same time.
- Step 2: Now, the settings menu will appear as a result of this action.
- Step 3: Now go to your App area and use the Xbox One app’s Advanced Options option.
- Step 4: Now scroll down until you see the option to reset.
- Step 5: Now select it by clicking on it. Because this is a basic remedy, we recommend that you attempt it first before moving on to more sophisticated procedures.
Remove Your In-Built Game Bar
Here’s how to turn off your game’s barroom:
- Step 1: First you need to navigate to your Settings app, then to the gaming area.
- Step 2: Now disable your Game Bar now. After that, hit the Windows Key and the “X” key together again.
- Step 3: This will generate a list. From there, select PowerShell (Administrator).
- Step 4: Then you’ll need to run get-appxpackage*gamingoverlay*|remove-appxpackage.
- Step 5: After that, open the Xbox Companion App and go to the Settings menu to activate the Party And Game Notifications option.
It’s important to remember that PowerShell is a powerful tool. As a result, you may utilize it to make a proper backup before removing the game bar.
Use The Windowed Mode
Here’s how to use the Windowed mode on your Xbox app.
- Step 1: In your Xbox app, open the game you want to play.
- Step 2: Now, move your cursor to the top of your screen’s header.
- Step 3: Now, you will be presented with a lengthy menu.
- Step 4: Now, you must now click the button with the Diagonal Arrows on it.
- Step 5: By doing so, you’ll be able to use your program in windowed mode. This should hopefully address your notification problem.
However, these are a few of the most prevalent methods for resolving the no-notifications issue. But if these methods don’t seem to be working for you, you may contact Xbox One customer care. They will surely be able to help you further.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.) Do I Need An Account To Play Games On Xbox?
Yes, if you’re talking about multiplayer or other internet games. You may use the same account you used to play games on your Xbox system. You can use the same Microsoft account you used to purchase the game if you don’t have an Xbox account.
2.) I Am Signed Up For Xbox Insider Program. Can I Play Games On My Xbox One?
If you’re a member of the Xbox Insider Program, you could have trouble downloading and installing games on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device. Any issues you encounter when using an Insider build should be reported. If you wish to report some, then here is a link to provide feedback to Team Xbox. This might help.