Do you like playing console games? Is Xbox Series X your console of choice at the moment? Have you noticed your HDMI port Xbox Series X broken but don’t know what must be done? In that case, this article may be able to help you out.
Carelessness: The Number One Suspect
The HDMI port of your Xbox Series X can get damaged if the console is dropped. Furthermore, the pins inside the HDMI port can become bent if you use too much force as you insert and remove the HDMI cable. Regardless, once it sustains damages, the HDMI port can no longer work as expected. That means it’s impossible to connect Xbox Series X to a display.
A Guide On Broken Xbox Series X HDMI Port
Contact Microsoft Xbox Repairs And Support Service
The moment you notice your Xbox series X HDMI port broken, it’s wise to get in touch with Microsoft Xbox repairs and support service. Xbox personnel should provide repairs at no cost assuming that your Xbox Series X is still within its warranty period.
To have the port repaired under warranty, you should keep in mind the criteria down below:
- There must be no sign of physical damages.
- The HDMI port must have malfunctioned as a result of faults within the port or internal chips.
In the case that your case matches the above, it can be classified as a manufacturing defect. Thus, everything is covered by the warranty and you don’t have to pay a single cent. On the other hand, if your HDMI port was broken due to physical damages, the repair procedure will not be covered by the warranty. Depending on the situation, you need to pay close to $300 to get Microsoft Xbox repairs and support service to fix the port.
Find Aftermarket Repair Service
For your information, aftermarket repair services specializing in Xbox consoles exist and they charge affordable fees. Such services can diagnose the specific problem that’s affecting your console and come up with fixes shortly. On occasions, the services can replace your console with a new unit. Different services operate differently but in most of the cases, you can expect the following:
- Free diagnosis of the performance of consoles.
- Comprehensive explanations of repair options including associated costs and time estimates.
- A limited warranty that covers labor as well as parts.
How to Set Up An Xbox Series X
- Step 1: Pick up the power cable and connect it to the port on your console. That port is marked by a raised dot. Next, connect the power cable to a nearby outlet.
- Step 2: Get your hands on the HDMI cable and connect it to the HDMI port of your console. That port is marked by a raised dash. Proceed to Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Step 3: Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on. As it powers up, the console will ask you to open the Xbox app so as to complete the console setup.
- Step 4: If you haven’t already, download the Xbox application to your smartphone or tablet from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, etc. If you’ve already downloaded it, launch the Xbox app.
- Step 5: In the Xbox app, select the option to Set up a console.
- Step 6: Enter the code that appears on your TV screen into the Xbox app. After you finish, your console is going to be linked to the Xbox app.
- Step 7: Go through the instructions in your Xbox app to set up your console. During the process, the app will ask you to verify or update your language, location, … The app will also require you to connect the Xbox Series X console to a Wi-Fi network. In the next phase, you will be asked to update the console, sign in and customize settings.
- Step 8: Insert a pair of AA batteries into the Xbox wireless controller.
- Step 9: Press the Xbox button to turn on the controller.
- Step 10: There is a pair button on the console next to the USB port. You should see a pair button on the back of your controller as well. Press and hold the pair buttons at the same time to connect the controller to your console.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the symptoms of a damaged HDMI port?
A tell-tale sign of damaged HDMI ports is a black screen. Moreover, when the HDMI port is damaged, you would experience distorted graphics and audio.
Is Xbox Series X backwards compatible?
Yes, it is. You can play games from previous Xbox generations on Xbox Series X.
How high is the solution of Xbox Series X?
The best resolution of Xbox Series X is 8K at 120 frames per second (fps).
Tips And Tricks
- Place your Xbox Series X on stable ground and make sure that it’s ventilated. Also, keep the console away from heat sources to keep the console as cool as possible.
- For ease of convenience, install Xbox App on your Android or iOS device to set up your Xbox Series X, select games and activate downloads remotely. The app can also be used to chat with friends and access video recordings or screenshots too.
- Take advantage of Xbox Remote Play to stream gameplay from your Series X console to your smartphone or tablet.
- Make use of the Theme & Motion feature to select dark or light themes or set them to change automatically depending on the time of day.
- Do you have favorite games on your old console? Feel free to transfer them into your new Xbox Series X console through the Network Transfer feature.